Spoiler
Show
Preview 1 - Using Modified Spirit Touch Model by Hermit
Spoiler
Show
Preview 2 - Using Hexagon Shield Model by Hermit
Spoiler
Show
Preview 3 - Using Vanilla Spirit Touch Model [with ZERO model edits] by Blizzard with purely triggered modifications to yaw & pitch.
Spoiler
Show
See "how to install tab" for step by step instructions for similar models to Spirit touch (i.e. Lasers using revive)
DESCRIPTION:

REQUIRED
Damage Engine 3.8.0.0: -For Damage Detection
Unit Indexer - Indexing & requirement for Damage Engine - (note this is default included with Damage Engine.)

TRIGGERS
Spoiler
Show
Unfortunately I cannot exceed 60,000 characters, find the main triggers on this page:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/bundles/bo ... -2.312115/
HOW TO IMPORT BONE ARMOR INTO YOUR MAP
Spoiler
Show
Step 0 REQUIRED - Under Preferences, make sure you have "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data" checked

Step 1 - Install Bribe's Damage Engine into your map:
Bribe wrote: 1A: Necessary: Copy & paste the Unit Indexer trigger into your map.
1B: Necessary: Copy & paste the Damage Engine trigger into your map
1C: Necessary: Copy the Cheat Death Ability from Object Editor, and set it to the variable DamageBlockingAbility.
1D: Necessary: Copy the Spell Damage Detector Ability from Object Editor, and set it to the variable SpellDamageAbility.
see Bribe's Damage Engine 3.8.0.0 for more details

Step 2 - Install Bone Armor
2A Copy & paste the Bone Armor folder into your map
2B Copy the Bone Armor Ability from Object Editor, and set it to the variable BArmr_SPELL
2C Copy the Bone Armor Buff from Object Editor, and set it to the variable BArmr_BUFF
2D Copy the OrbitUnit Unit from Object Editor, and set it to the variable BArmr_SEGMENT_UNITTYPE (UNNECESSARY AS OF 1.10)

Step 3 [OPTIONAL] - Installing the Modified Spirit Touch model for Player Coloured damage flare
3A - Export the model "BoneArmorCasterTC.mdx" to a safe location
3B - In your New map open "Import manager" [directly next to the test map button!]
3C - Click the "Import File"
3D - navigate to the "BoneArmorCasterTC.mdx" file location and select it
3E - double click on the newly added "war3mapImported\BoneArmorCasterTC.mdx" and tick "Use custom path"
3F - remove "war3mapImported\" leaving behind only "BoneArmorCasterTC.mdx", copy this and click okay!
3G - Navigate to Triggers and BAmr Config to [trigger]Set BAmr_EFFECTPATH[3][/trigger]
and paste "BoneArmorCasterTC.mdx"

Step 3.5 [OPTIONAL] - Installing the Vexxorian dummy model for trigger controlled model pathing
3.5A - Export the model "Vexxoriandummy.mdx" to a safe location
3.5B - In your New map open "Import manager" [directly next to the test map button!]
3.5C - Click the "Import File"
3.5D - navigate to the "Vexxoriandummy.mdx" file location and select it
3.5E - double click on the newly added "war3mapImported\Vexxoriandummy.mdx" and tick "Use custom path"
3.5F - remove "war3mapImported\" leaving behind only "Vexxoriandummy.mdx", copy this and click okay!
3.5G - Navigate to Orbitunit in the object editor, in the field "Art - Model File", open this and paste "Vexxoriandummy.mdx"

Step 4 [Option to use default spirit touch or other effects that are orientated straight up]
4A - Navigate to Triggers and BAmr Config to the variable [trigger]Set BAmr_EFFECTPATH[3][/trigger]
and paste any effect path you wish
4B - still in BAmr Config go to the [trigger]Set BAmr_SPEF_YPR[1][/trigger]
and set it to "1.57" (this bends the model to a 90 degree orientation)
4C - repeat previous step for [trigger]Set BAmr_SPEF_YPR[2][/trigger] and leaving [trigger]Set BAmr_SPEF_YPR[3][/trigger] to 0.00
4D - Note that we set [trigger]Set BAmr_SPEF_YPR[2][/trigger] as Pitch will not mimic the warcraft 3 style of degrees as "90 for north, 0 for east." and must instead have 1.57 added [essentially ((90 x 3.14) / 180) = 1.57]
CREDITS - *Note The README file included in the ZIP has all the hyper links to Individual Accounts and model links*
Spoiler
Show
Bribe - for his ever-so-useful-systems that make my life so much easier!

KILLCIDE - for his patience and our time cleaning up my triggers.

D4rk_G4ND4LF - for his earlier attempts at damage shields that inspired me to make this.

Foopad - for his work on my original request loooong time ago for a damage shield ability (Aka Ruined flesh from age of conan game.) back when us GUI dudes were banging rocks together.

Weep - for his Early Damage detection system.

Pinzu - for the player colour shield flare suggestion (Added in Bone Armor 1.08)

Hermit - for his Spirit Touch model allowing for different shield flare colours. (Added in Bone Armor 1.08)

Hermit AGAIN - for his Hexagon Shield Model - Allowing not only player colours as per the previous model, but with fancy futuristic animated hexagons perfect for any Protoss shield!

Vexorian - Excellent dummy model (Retired, as of 1.10)

Looking_For_Help - Hashtable variant damage system

MyPad - Suggesting to add "Stacking" & fixing the casting effect bug.

Spellbound - Suggesting RGB Addition to Segments

Blizzard & Diablo 2 - My inspiration for the *cough* BLATANT COPY *cough* Necromancer's Abilities, and their wonderful editor that still manages to entertain me +16 years later.
CHANGE LOG
Spoiler
Show
Release 1.15 - 2019-011-17 - 3:32PM PST

- Minor updated to Damage Engine 5.4.2.3

Inform me of bugs please, frostboot hungers...
Spoiler
Show

===============================

Release 1.14-2 - 2019-06-17 - 11:27AM PST
- Minor updated to Damage Engine 5.1.3.1

Inform me of bugs please, frostboot hungers...

Previous changelog

Release 1.14-1 - 2019-06-09 - 8:44PM PST

- Minor updated to Damage Engine 5.1.1.1
- Minor Fixed Special effect from spawning in the middle of map! (Whoopsie)

==========================

Release 1.14 - 2019-05-29 - 7:37PM PST
Major: uses new Damage Engine 5.0.0.0

Minor: Unit Indexer is no longer required by damage engine but I will release further updates of the hashtables version
Minor Fixed Speical Effect orientation to match current patch changes
- Changes can be found in Config, Block, & Periodic where the it pertains to the special effect "Orientation" essentially instead of modifying roll the update has changed it to yaw

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release1.13.1 2019-05-01 at 4:49PM (PST)
- Bugfix on Shield Life Display (Not required!) - Destroying a segment would result in the floating text lingering...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release 1.13 - 2019-04-30 at 3:00pm (PST)
- Major -
Added SEM - Simple Effect Mode, turns off the floating segments and makes it a singular effect overhead the target, Fade & Shrinking effects will still work provided the effect is not attached as special effect modification does not work on attached special effects. (Please refer to turtle of the cosmos for why blizzard has done this)

Added Shield Life display option to test map tome, this displays the individual life of segments (i.e. 300 total shields will result in 100 each (assuming default values)
-Minor-
Overhauled triggers to include SEM
Added SEM modifcations to bottom of Config, i.e. defaults for regular segments will not work for SEM, if SEM is on these modifications will overwrite allowing you to choose which one you want, note this is rather buggy on the Shield Life Display so do be careful!
Angrily stared at variables in config to make sure nothing is duplicated or not connected to values elsewhere in the main triggers.
Added some Boolean commands as I (can't be arsed)felt they didn't need to be added to the options, Type "Bones" followed directly with "Stack", "Skins", "Dim", "Fade", or "SEM" to toggled the respective Booleans found in the configuration. (example "BonesStack")

Details of Commands:
Stack - Toggle Shield Stacking boolean, shields will now simply add the base cast on the current shield of the target

Skins - Toggle Player Colour Shield Flare, default is set to chosen flavor, if toggled it will be set to player color

Dim - Toggle Shield Flare "Dimming", Shield Flare will dim based on health of the shield

Fade - Toggle Fade of Segments, Segments will fade based on health of the shield

SEM - Toggle SEM, SEM removes the orbiting segments and creates only one overhead effect. (Might be buggy? Be Wary if you see anything!)

Release 1.12 - 2019-04-25 at 9:22pm (PST)
- Major -
Added seperate Yaw, Pitch, & Roll to Travel and Orbit of segments movements.

Added RGB Color customizations for segments, this already exists for the shield "flare" but I never thought to do so with the segments, Thanks Spellbound!

Added "Dimming" & "Shrinking" of segments based on how much damage the individual segments have received, (Turn on the corresponding boolean to see!)
-Minor-
Merged redundant varibles into an arrayed variable (BAmr_SEG_VALUE[X])

Cast & Block have been reworked slightly to incorperate the new "Dimming" & "Shrinking" changes to segments

Release 1.11 - 2019-04-04 at 6:18pm (PST)
Bugfix - Special effect not ocurring when casting on unit with all segments active
Major - Added Stacking Boolean, casting on the same unit will Stack the value instead of resetting it, you can test this by turning on the "Check shield value" trigger (default off) and pressing ESC with a selected & shielded unit. *Credits to MyPad for the suggestion*
Minor bugfix, BAmr_Boolean[2] wasn't connected to the option in Block trigger
Minor bugfix, Remove Duplicate creation of special fx in cast trigger

Release 1.00 Hastable variant using PDD SYSTEM by Looking_For_help (via hiveworkshop.com)
Requested variante that doesn't affect unit custom value and instead uses above mentioned PDD (Physical damage detection) in place of Damage Engine by Bribe (via Hiveworkshop.com) Contains all the options of the former with the caveat of the PDD's limitations.
Link to Current Version and Triggers

Release 1.10 - 2019-03-03 at 9:45am (PST)
Major: Segments are no longer dummy units, they are now special effects!
Major: Flavour Selection: I.e. @Pinzu's idea, Pre-selected "themes" over the special effects used by the spell
Major?: Damage Flare Intensity Boolean - I.e. hitting a unit with a low shield health will make the shield flare look darker and dimmer - (Included Threshold variable to make sure it doesn't go below 50.00 and dissapear before the shield ends.)
Minor: merged some redundant values into single variables.
Previous changelog

Release 1.09 - 2019-02-20 at 12:45am (PST)
Major: Added Vexorian dummy model to allow complete trigger control over the orbiting units model path - [Credits to Vexorian & Pinzu for the idea!]
Minor changes:
added BAmr_SEGMENT_MODEL_PATH to config - For use with the newly added dummy model
added BAmr_Bkey - exclusive for the segment units as a way to access Unit indexing, it appears in BAmr Cast/Block/Periodic for both the initial creation and the clean up after the unit has been cleared
made segment units into neutral passive as their ownership seemed pointless and simply added to end game score.
fixed casting stats, strength stat was being added due to a ( * ) being a ( + )
Release 1.08 - 2019-02-03 at 10:23pm
Major: Added new Spirit touch with player colour variability [Credits to Hermit! for the model & Pinzu for the idea!]
Minor: Added Boolean to decide if you want damage target's player colour or a specific one.
Minor: Added Specific Player Colour Variable if the above boolean is set to false (I.e player blue will create a orange flare effect when hit.)
Major: Added Segment flying height and changed them to flying types allowing for segments to actually orbit near the unit instead of on the ground [Credits to Hermit for noticing]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release 1.07 - 2019-01-21 at 1:13 AM

Changelog:

Minor: added current unit height and their current position's terrain height to make it so the Special effect on hit will not sink into the ground. (it still does slightly but I'm not sure how to fix it...)
Minor: redid commands into spellbook with four abilities
Minor: redid damage text to show accumulated damaged (occasionally bugs but have it off by default, lost on how it's being silly but it's pretty messy)
Minor: changed DamageEventAmount calculation in BAmr Block to
Set DamageEventAmount = (DamageEventAmount - (DamageEventAmount x BAmr_ABSORBTION_PERCENTAGE))
from
Set DamageEventAmount = (DamageEventPrevAmt - (DamageEventPrevAmt x BAmr_ABSORBTION_PERCENTAGE))
since the target was healing off the damage when enchanted.
Minor: Replaced all instances of Variables named BArmr to BAmr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release 1.06 - 2019-01-12 at 6:20 PM

Changelog:

Major Additions:
Added BAmr_EFFECTPATH[1-3], allows for seperate spawn effect, destroyed effect, and damage effect.
Added Configuration for Destroyed & Damage Effect Path
Added Damage Effect in BAmr Block
Added BAmr_SPEF - to avoid using (Last created special effect)
Added Configuration for Damaged Effect's: Offset, Height, RGB Color Value, Scale, Timescale, Yaw/Pitch/Roll
Organized BAmr Config for cleaner look
Minor Additions in "Not Required":
Added install instructions
Added Commands for toggling Damage text & spawning of random hostile creeps
Added Selection of the test hero on startup as well as message for previously mentioned commands
Added Mouse tracking move for location point of spawning hostiles via commands.

Release 1.05 - 2019-01-03 at 7:55 PM
FINISHED - BAmr_Periodic Variable & Trigger add in Init added! (Neat!)
FINISHED - Removed BAmr_PreloadUnit used BAmr_Target instead
Release 1.04 - 2019-01-03 at 7:55 PM
(Happy New Year!)
Changelog:

FINISHED - BAmr_Preload_Unit Variable for preloader in BAmr Config - Added!
FINISHED - BAmr_STR/AGI/INT = Hero S/A/I x BAmr_Attribute_Bonus - Added!
FINISHED - If&Else checking if Segment unit is still alive, will spawn replacements if needed otherwise it will simply use the spawn effect on exisiting.
FINISHED - BAmr_Segment_Custom_Value Added, (wow this makes it much easier)
FINISHED - BAmr_UnitG_Count, replaced in BAmr Cast & Periodic
FINISHED- Put the conditions on BAmr Periodic (has buff? / Is alive?) together
FINISHED - Still don't know how to make a variable for periodic (won't use "Real" or "Timer") (Screenie)
FINISHED? - Segments will fly off if not above %125, especially so when the unit starts moving, (Black Magic Numbers)
FINISHED- Oops - Old habit of using hashtables since variables didn't work to well with them
UNSURE - I'm not quite sure what you're referring to but I changed the BAmr_LVL_BONUS to an Array with preset levels in BAmr Config
Release v1.03 - 2018-12-29 at 11:25 PM
Changelog:

FINISHED - Trigger Prefix changed: (BAmr X > BA X )
FINISHED - Added BAmr_Caster/Target/Picked_Unit to handle repetitive function calls.
FINISHED? - Added BAmr_Offset/Angle/Where for segment spawn point configuration.
FINISHED - Added BAmr_Integer to replace any usage of ( Integer A )
FINISHED - Added Toggles for block & periodic on cast & group clear
UNFINISHED - Still don't know how to make a variable for periodic (won't use "Real" or "Timer")
FINISHED - Put the conditions on BAmr Periodic (has buff? / Is alive?) together
Added configuration:
- BAmr_Absorbtion_% (Damage % that is handled by the shield and left for the target to deal with)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Release v1.02 - 2018-12-27 at X AM
Changelog:

FINISHED - Trigger Prefix changed: (BAmr X > BA X )
FINISHED - Added BAmr_Caster/Target/Picked_Unit to handle repetitive function calls.
FINISHED - Added BAmr_Offset/Angle/Where for segment spawn point configuration.
FINISHED - Added BAmr_Integer to replace any usage of ( Integer A )
FINISHED - Added Toggles for block & periodic on cast & group clear
UNFINISHED - Still don't know how to make a variable for periodic (won't use "Real" or "Timer")
FINISHED - Put the conditions on BAmr Periodic (has buff? / Is alive?) together
Added configuration:
- BAmr_Absorbtion_% (Damage % that is handled by the shield and left for the target to deal with)

Removed:
All the comments since it's the only thing I think KILLCIDE was referring to when he made the claim that I didn't read the Guides he suggested.

Release v1.01 - 2018-12-24 at 8:50 AM
Changelog:
FINISHED - (Cast --> BA Main Cast).
FINISHED - (BArmr > BA_X).
FINISHED - See "Added Configuration below.
FINISHED - (BArmr > Temp_X).
FINISHED - See below
Added Configuration for:
- Base shield health
- Shield health bonus per level
- Attribute bonus
- Spell/Physical resistance
- Unittype for Segment
- Number of Segments
- Rotation Distance
- Rotation Speed
- Missile speed (How fast the segments move to enclose the unit)

Release v1.00 - 2018-12-24 at 4:44 AM
Please let me know your thoughts, I would take any feedback on to improve bone armor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Devalut on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:24 am, edited 9 times in total.

Daffa
GUI Expert
GUI Expert
Indonesia

Re: [GUI][MUI] Bone Armor

Post by Daffa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:24 pm

Nice to see this spell going around :D

Kabuto Yakushi
Registered users
Registered users
Romania

Post by Kabuto Yakushi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:10 pm

This one is awesome.

Killerwatts
Registered users
Registered users
Great Britain

Post by Killerwatts » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Great spell! Do you mind if I attempt to edit this into the GUI Spell System/JASS version?

Devalut
Registered users
Registered users
Madagascar

Post by Devalut » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Certainly!

ETA: I will add my 1.10 ver over that removes the need for dummy units making installation even easier, along with a Hastable version that doesn't use Bribe's Damage Detection but instead uses Physical Damage Detection (PDD) by Looking_for_help I will simply name it 1.00 and update it upon request

ETA 2019-03-25: Updated main post!

Return to “Target Unit”