Skyrim nifs to Wc3

General and Off-Topic area.
DarthMarek
Registered users
Registered users
United States of America

Skyrim nifs to Wc3

Post by DarthMarek » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:59 pm

So I'm going to go over my notes and put forward a tutorial on how to take some of Skyrim's nifs and convert them into mdx using mdlivs. Granted there are smarter, better people that can use programs like 3ds and such, but I'm not going to get into yet.

The first step is choosing models/nifs which are fully animated for units/fx/whatever and scaling them (-1 and -1.4-5 messing around with heading). This also includes attachments that are not animated, but you need another guide for that. What I'm introducing now is a piece of software that will allow people playing with Skyrim nifs to convert them down to Wc3, by either Obj (statics or rigging yourself) or fbx which can be converted for mdl/x.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015

You can also use nifskope, which is what MagaRa and I did for Digimon. The reason I chose Outfitstudio is because of its fbx option and easy user interface to be used before nifskope.

How you find out scaling is by using mdlvis, choosing what type of model you want and exporting it as a mdl and convert it to fbx. Which Outfitstudio can load.

Return to “Chaos Tavern”